Second DACA Training - Tuesday 10/16, 6 pm room 506

“I just wanted you both to know how wonderful Tristan and Carleigh were last night. We were able to see everyone who came into the clinic in a timely fashion. I really appreciate the time you spent working with your students beforehand. Thank you so much for helping with the DACA clinics. I look forward to meeting/working with you and your other students.” - Paige Gunning, Paralegal at Greater Boston Legal Services (GBLS).

Information on the first training: 

The first DACA training was a huge success, with 26 students and 2 alumni participating. DACA, which stands for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, is a new administrative policy of the Department of Homeland Security that could affect as many as 1.4 million immigrants currently in the United States.  DACA may lead to eligibility for work authorization for young adults who do not currently have legal status in the United States. 

New England Law | Boston students are now volunteering weekly at DACA clinics held at Greater Boston Legal Services. Everyone is welcome to attend the next training and can then sign up to help real clients on a weekly basis. 

“Thank you for the opportunity to get my feet a little wet. This kind of experience is truly invaluable for me. I don't really have any contacts in the legal community and haven't spent much time with professional lawyers. The DACA session gave me a first-hand look at how I could use my passion for public service to build a future career. The people I was helping were so generous in spirit and grateful for the little bit of help I could give them. I just hope they know how grateful I am for having a chance to work with them. What a great night!” – Tristan Brown, 1L